Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Still HAPPY!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm all right, really all right, because so many times I say "I LOVE THIS LIFE."  When you're bipolar you want to make sure your highs aren't too high and your lows aren't too low, so I wonder a lot.  But no, I'm fine (no, really)(really, I am), I'm just happy.  I feel so fortunate to have this life.  People always tell me I worked hard for it so I "deserve" it.  I don't feel that way, but I seldom feel deserving of anything.  That's not a concept I embrace, deserving something.

Anyway, today was a good day.  The weather was goofy, very warm (currently 34) but that was OK because it melted most of the ice and snow off of my deck stairs.  My deck gets covered with heavy snow--I shovel a path from the door to the top stair, and it often will develop into a deep rut in a big snow cover.  So right now it's not really raining but it's predicted to be a nasty weather night with freezing rain and icing.  Icing makes me nervous (it makes anyone nervous who went through the ice storm in 1998) but I'm sure this will be fine.

I went to the movies this afternoon, stopping at the dump and hardware store on my way.  I saw Manchester By The Sea and loved it, just loved it.  The geography is very familiar to me (southern New England), the death of a brother is just a little too familiar to me, but the acting was sooooo good and the story is fine.  Some people didn't like the ending but I thought it was appropriate.

Tomorrow I'll return to Plattsburgh for lunch with Julie.  I haven't seen her since before Christmas so we'll do some catching up.  She's supposedly giving me a cat but I have no update on that.  Will find out tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to Plattsburgh (too many trips this week) and had my eyeball lasered.  That was easy and painless and has helped with my vision.  There was some clouding, which happens, according to the doctor to 1 in 5 cataract patients.  So I'm special but not extraordinary.

It's supposed to be warm tomorrow, then maybe it will snow and it will definitely get colder.  Probably below zero for the weekend.  I bought more spray insulation foam and will use it to fill the holes in the floor in the laundry room and bathroom.  Yes, oh yes I will.  Any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment