Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20th, NOTHING on TV

I just want to watch the local news but there's some parade going on and some big fuss about something else.  AUGH!!!  I didn't watch the inauguration.  I watched an Eric Clapton concert that I recorded last year (I could watch that a zillion times), then watched the Blues Brothers movie.  That, OK, I don't need to see again.  I went to the post office in AuSable to send out the last of Christmas, so it's over, all over.

What I did that was really great today was meet a friend at the fitness center in AuSable at 6:45 this morning and walk on a treadmill for more than half an hour.  The 2 other people there were using treadmills at a much faster speed, but I felt good doing what I did.  I liked it and only my knees were sore.  I can't go very fast because of my asthma but that may change as time goes by.  It was nice this morning though I didn't want to get up.  My friend is there at 6:30, she works in Lake Placid and goes before work so that's the time to be there with her.  That's fine, I like getting up early, but boy is it dark on the roads at 6:15.

It's too warm here, temp now is 30, with a high today of 36.  As much as I suffer when it's -10 I'd rather have something akin to normal January weather.  There's barely any snow, which again makes me nervous.  Snow cover is important--it insulates septic systems and melts into great ground water in my well.  No big snow on the horizon, either, maybe a few inches next week.

I have no great or deep philosophical observations about today.  I'm afraid of what will happen in the next 4 years, but like my friends the Holts I have just the smallest amount of hope and optimism that something good might happen.  Something small, maybe, but something.  Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment