Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Way, way pretty sight


I went to camp yesterday and this is what the lake looks like.  The ice was bare and gorgeous, so smooth and shiny.  Really, really pretty.  Doesn't look like that today, though, we had snow overnight so now I'm sure it's just a white field with a mountain in the background.  We didn't get much snow, only about an inch.

It's warm today, 32, which feels too good.  Let's get on with this winter, please, so I can get used to it and move on.  It's supposed to be warm all week and that's just strange.

Yesterday I went to AuSable and signed up for the fitness center there.  Yikes, this is serious.  I met a wonderful woman New Years Eve and she goes to the fitness center so we thought maybe we could be gym buddies.  So asked her how long she spends there when she goes.  "Oh, I do about half an hour of cardio, then 15 minutes of something else."  Oh.  My.  I was thinking of an easy 20 minutes on the treadmill.  Well maybe she'll actually help me do something that might make a difference.  At any rate, I'm hoping to take advantage of this and make my $40 a month investment actually be worth it.  AuSable is 13 miles from my house so it's not too far--not far enough for me to say "it's such a long drive."  Most people would suggest that I could just walk IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD (yes, Joe, you're right), but since I'm not doing that I thought I'd try this.  Why do something that's free if you can pay for it?

Tomorrow I go to Plattsburgh for a car appointment.  Today I go to Plattsburgh for lunch with Julie.  I'll stop at the dump on the way.  I'll buy lemons in town, I like lemons in my water at night (we all have our oddities).  It's pretty certain that I'll get more than lemons at the grocery store.

Life is good.  Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment