Friday, October 06, 2017

Colors, we have colors

I drove around a bit today and saw a lot of fall color.  That was a surprise, we were thinking there wouldn't be any oranges or reds this year but we were wrong.  It's not stunning the way it is most years but it's very very pretty.

I treadmilled with my friend this morning at the gym.  Ugh, I'd much rather walk in the woods but it's too dark at 6:30 and she has to go to work (well someone has to).  There's a man who treadmills at the same time and he missed us all summer so was happy to have us back.  We're quite a trio.

Linda and I went to the BIG dump this afternoon, it's the only one open on Fridays.  That's when I had my pretty foliage drive.  I stopped to see other friends who are here for the holiday weekend and to invite them to the boat house tomorrow.  I've invited 8 or so people for wine and snacks tomorrow.  I used to throw big cocktail parties but this year I've scaled back to a quieter gathering.  The far shore, which is the view from the porch there is glowing and gorgeous.  I think I'm having coffee there with my walking friend and her husband--we're planning to take a long walk in the bog then sit on the porch with coffee.  We did that one morning this week and it was lovely.

Tonight is dinner with the Holts, Sunday is dinner with Linda and other friends at Linda's camp.  What's happening in my spare moments?  I'll help Linda close her camp, maybe do some work at our camp (but I bet not) and maybe visit with the cousins who are rumored to be coming to take out the docks.  Oh it's a busy weekend all right, it always is, full of people I really enjoy being with.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment