Friday, October 20, 2017

What month is it?

We are having the most delicious stretch of weather!   I love this.  It's 60 and sunny right now, even with the stiff wind it's comfortable and pleasant and oh-so-nice.  Have I been taking advantage of this weather?  Of course not, I still have a zillion outdoor chores to do.  This is so typical of me, especially the retired version of me.  Why do today what you can do tomorrow?  oh dear soon I'll run out of this weather and will have to do things in cold weather.  I have to close the boat house, dump the deck pots, finish cleaning the car, put the mower away, on and on.

I didn't walk this morning (or afternoon, though it's not dark yet) because my friend is sick.  Instead I stripped my bed then went to the laundromat in Peru and used the nice big washer, my good friend.  Now I have clean and dog-hair-free bedding but that won't be true by morning I bet.  Anyway I had a beautiful drive to and from the 'mat even with the lessening of leaves and color.  It's still pretty, the oaks are dark red and pretty.

Tomorrow is a busy day for me.  I'm helping out in the cemetery in the morning (we're comparing gravesites with maps, HAH! that should be good for a laugh) then have made plans to walk with a friend in Keene in the afternoon, then have made dinner plans with summer friends who are coming to close their camp this weekend.  That's my pretend obligatory 3 things in one day.  I tried to make today's activities come out to 3 different things but that didn't work.  I should take the dogs for a walk but Bear already took himself to camp and was retrieved by someone who brought him home.

The sky is blue, very blue and cloudless.

No comments:

Post a Comment