Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Waiting. and waiting

I put seed in my bird feeder almost 2 weeks ago and NO ONE has shown up to eat it.  I finally have some blue jays flying in the woods around the house but there are no chickadees, finches, woodpeckers, nuthatches--or anything.  What's up with that?  I bought a new feeder this year but haven't put it up yet, I'm just using the one that was always a big hit with lots of birds.  Come on, guys, it's time to eat!

I'm having  quiet and lovely day.  It's sunny and almost 70 with a breeze that's not too cool.  We're losing leaves fast fast fast but there's still plenty of color.  Soon it will just be the yellows and golds then life will go on without leaves on trees.  That's always a shocker for me but then I remember how nice it is to look deep into the woods without leaves.  Can't say I really look forward to it but the seasons move along, don't they.

I'm helping Linda today, she's on her final approach to leaving.  She's waiting for the dock people to come to take out her dock and hopefully move the chairs and canoe that are still on the dock.  We've put away some stuff and I've brought home my usual stuff but tomorrow we'll take the furniture off the porch and tuck it in the living room just before she leaves.

Am I sad to see her go?  Yes, yes I am but my life must go on.  The weather this week is supposed to be good, at least on Thursday and Friday, so maybe I'll actually do something productive outside without friends to distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment