Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Not even close to snow

This weather is absolutely superb.  It's 58 right now as the sun is going down with daily highs in the 60's.  Man I love this!  We're losing leaves but it's so warm I don't care.  What???

Had a good day today.  Met my friend at the gym but she isn't feeling well so instead of treading we went to Stewart's for coffee.  My but you see the Cream of the AuSable Forks Crop at that hour.  What a colorful group.  We had a good visit and I didn't mind skipping the gym.  I never really do.

I made up for the lack of morning exercise when I went to the thrift store.  It's open Wednesdays and Saturdays and I'm helping Fran the Book Woman there.  Today Fran felt like working with the massive fabric collection so I sorted children's books.  OMG did I sort children's books.  I know little about juvenile literature but had a fairly good and confident time sorting and pricing.  I saw 2 friends and had good visits with them.  The thrift store is the place to be for sure, it's the social hub in Wilmington.

I didn't stay until closing (2:00) but left at 12:30 because I was tired.  I don't know how those people work the full 5 hours the store is open.  I came home and walked the dogs, a really really nice bog walk.  The tamaracks are turning golden (pictures coming soon) and it's just beautiful.

I have 2 bird feeders up and NO birds.  Yesterday I saw nuthatches in the trees on the opposite side of the yard from the feeders.  It seems very very strange, the lack of birds but I guess I'm far from unique in this.  What that means is anyone's guess.

Tomorrow is a Plattsburgh day.  Looks as if we'll walk outside with the dogs then I'll take my friend to Plattsburgh to retrieve her truck, then I'll have lunch with another friend.  Will fit in some errands in Plattsburgh and maybe I'll take a side trip to get fresh cider.  It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow.  Man are we ever lucky, oh so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment