Thursday, October 12, 2017

Frosty morning but beautiful day

Temp was 30 this morning but it's now 52 and sunny.  What a gorgeous day.  I didn't get up at the crack of dawn--or maybe it was the crack of dawn, but dawn comes late these days.  Anyway, I had a very nice walk with friends, through the woods on an old road, doing a loop that ends up in the bog.  The dogs adored it and ran three times as far as we walked.  That should make them sleep all day but right now Bear is off somewhere doing something.  Treasure at least has the good sense to lie on the couch with me.

I put up my new bird feeder (I had to do some assembly work, impressed myself with my ability to find the pipe that converts the pole already in the ground to the right size for the new feeder's pole).  OK, swell, another feeder for the birds to ignore.  I've heard from others (and NPR) that it's a big problem this fall, no birds at home feeders.  Although I generally believe that misery loves company, this is of no comfort to me.

I registered for a writing workshop in Port Henry at the end of the month.  Why did I do that?  I just felt like it--the presenter teaches at Dartmouth and will ask participants to write something to share.  OH NO!!!   And I registered anyway?  We'll see if I actually go.  I'm feeling more like actually DOING things these days, hence the volunteering at the thrift store.  I may get back to the Historical Association with Bill, I haven't decided about that yet.  That's solitary work, scanning slides or photos.  It's fun to see the images but maybe it's the monotony of the work that I don't really care for.  We'll see.

Lunch with a friend in Plattsburgh tomorrow plus a few errands.  Have to get some stuff for book group on Sunday plus some other items at Target I guess.  I would love to buy a new computer but that has to wait.  Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be as good as today's.  Wow what a bonus.  Saturday may bring rain but will be warmer.  What will I find for an excuse to avoid closing the boat house? 

No comments:

Post a Comment