Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Still not winter

It's 57 this afternoon with very little wind or breeze, cloudy but with some sun.  Who can complain about this?

I worked at the thrift store this morning but left by noon.  We get things (books) pretty much under control by noon but the big donations come in after 1.  I just get tired by noon and feel like going home.  We got a lot done today.

I had a great time working with the cemetery people on Saturday, we're trying to update the maps of the cemetery.  They haven't been updated for decades so it's quite a project.  Each lot is numbered but no one knows which lots are not sold but numbered, or created but not numbered, and the maps don't show who's buried in each lot that's taken.  Fun fun fun.  It's a good project and I like the people I work with.  Not sure when we're doing out next installment but they have my number and I'm sure they'll call if they need me.

Went out for dinner Sat. night with summer friends, that was nice.  They're gone for the year and were pretty much the last of the summers.  Lunch yesterday with a friend at the new restaurant in Upper Jay.  That was our second visit there, the first time we tried breakfast.  The food is good but it's only been open for a few weeks and they're still "in process."  I hope they make it, there aren't many places around.

Not too much else going on.  I've been walking the bog with the dogs--my walking partner has been ill so I'm on my own and don't walk as far or for as long without her but I try to keep the dogs entertained.  We're supposed to walk tomorrow morning, then I'll head to Plattsburgh for errands, lunch with a friend and an appointment to have my car worked on.  The other rear hatch strut broke this week, I had one replaced a few weeks ago.  This car isn't old enough to be having things like this happen.

Most of the leaves are gone but the aspens are gold and the tamaracks are hanging on.  Just a bit of color out there, mostly bare naked woods.  That takes getting used to for me but what choice do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment