Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Life is good

I guess part of being bipolar is that you really do have good days and days that just aren't good, even when you do all you can to even things out. Anyway, yesterday and today have been good days, and it's only 10:30. Yesterday it was -17 when I got up at 7:30 (it was a day off, Presidents' Day--or maybe we were having a day off to celebrate/mourn the loss of Britney Spears' hair. Lots and lots of speculation on the morning shows about the poor girls' motive for shaving her head) and the high for the day was 7. I spent half and hour outside, enjoying the bright, warm sunshine. It was really nice, and so cold that my ceiling wasn't leaking drip, drip, drip because of the ice dam on my roof. I'm having a very bad year with that and it's driving me crazy with worry. The insulation and plywood sub-roofing have to be soaked in order for the water to have reached the ceiling inside. Well, there's only so much you can do about taking care of a house, and I can't reach the roof of a 2-story house without an extension ladder, which I don't own yet.

Anyway, I had a long list of things to do yesterday and I got them all done. Saints be praised. That never happens. Last night I did my taxes over and discovered I'll be getting a $1200 refund from the feds instead of paying $11 as I first figured. I also discovered that I made a mistake in 2004 and am owed $600 so must file an amended return for that year. Must figure out how to do that. Must is a word we don't like to use, it has really negative connotations, doesn't it. Leftover from childhood, no doubt.

Today it's 20 and amazingly warm. I didn't wear my down coat but celebrated by wearing my spring/fall jacket. And was warm enough. Well, not to be outside for any length of time. I'm working 9-5 today so went to the dump on my way to work. Stopped for coffee and talked to David, Barb and met up with Ricky, my plowman--had a long visit with him and his beagle Boomer. A beautiful dog. I felt as if my day should be half over by the time I got to work.

The Town of Black Brook Planning Board meeting scheduled for tonight has been postponed until March--hooray! so I don't have to rush home, do the dogs and the fire, pick up Ken and get to town by 7. Instead, Ken of course suggested I stop by for a visit anyway. Seems I now stop there Tuesday, Weds. and Friday, plus of course for Sunday dinner. This will change when it's light later because he'll be working outside and won't want to come inside so early. Then it will be hard for me to adjust to the change in schedule and I won't know what to do with my time, getting home so early. For about two weeks, that is.

Now it's on to catalog a bunch of stuff for Akwesasne, the library on the Rez. Lots and lots of Scholastic eds. of children's books. Plus I have to finish the authority work I didn't get done on Friday. Plus I absolutely must e-file my taxes today. Don't get your money back unless you ask for it.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't go up on your roof. That is what you earn money for, doing what you really know how to do, so you can pay a Roof Repairman to do what s/he (but most likely he) knows how to do.

    And re: the previous post, I have watched Independence Day too many times with my kids and students, and know that it was Will Smith and there was no meteor, but many alien space ships, in that one. Bruce Willis? What movie is it that I haven't seen? Something called Deep Impact or Armageddon? The cloud certainly looks like Independence Day. Or even Close Encounters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love your photography. How about a nature book? If I say pretty please?

    ReplyDelete