Monday, February 26, 2007

Winter


Winter
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is the view you get on the way from Silver Lake to Wilmington. It appears when you go around a certain bend. It's the Whiteface Range and Mt. Esther. My summer-visiting friends always say "Oh! Look at the mountains!" They seem to say this every time they see this view so Fred and I say it as a joke to each other when we come round the bend. "OOOOH! Look at the mountains!" I try to appreciate it, though and remember just how pretty it is. I don't want to forget that I live in a beautiful place--not just around my house, but all around me as well.

1 comment:

  1. There is a stretch of Belleview in Littleton (i.e. Denver) that we could always count on my mother to entertain us. Mind you, she's a born-and-bred Colorado girl. Still, no matter how often we'd drive down that road, as we crested the hill and could see the mountains to the west, she'd always say, "Oooh, aren't the mountains beautiful!"

    Every
    Time

    Thanks for the warm memory....

    ReplyDelete