Friday, February 23, 2007

Sound of silence

The sound of silence in your head is sort of a lonely thing, if you haven't experienced it for, say, 25 years. It's very spooky. I find that my feet still move to an imagined beat, but there's nothing going on in my head. When I stopped listening to my book in the car this morning, there was nothing to replace it. Imagine my surprise.

And on to something amusing--
Steven Colbert to Lance Armstrong:

SC: Let's see...retiring from riding a bicycle. Isn't that sort of like retiring from recess?

I haven't seen anyone stand up so well to SC in a long time. It was so much fun to watch that I watched it for the second time last night and laughed all over again.

payday today, and Friday as a bonus. Three people have already mentioned it to me and I've only been here half an hour. I need to transcribe the 2 articles I taped for the newsletter. Linda has offered (I guess) to edit the newsletter (other people always think they want to do this, and sometimes they do it for a couple of years, which is great for me, since I did it for a long, long time. It just feels strange to pass my stuff along).

Colder today but still balmy compared to what we've had for the past several weeks. If it's February, can April be far behind?

My sister's birthday this weekend. I will call her so that I can hear her voice and let her know I love her. She knows this already, but I like to remind her of it once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. My feet often move to an imagined beat, but maybe not always.
    I hope you find the silence less tiring, maybe even relaxing. I think your hypermental activity must be above all TIRING. But maybe that's just me trying to imagine it. Please remember that when you are on new meds, you need to check in VERY OFTEN with your doctor, especially when you notice something different from what you're used to.
    Please stay safe.
    I love you, too, and will look forward to talking, um, tomorrow (WOW).

    ReplyDelete