Wednesday, February 21, 2007

She's so popular

That's what Peter Gabriel says. For the second time I've been asked by another library system if they can borrow something I've written. This time it's something I don't even remember I wrote: a training document on databases available through the state's big free bunch of databases. They found it posted on our website, but they must have had to dig pretty far, I think. The other time it was my article on Wikipedia, which was published in our newsletter (imagine anyone reading our newsletter) and it was another library system wanting to publish it in their newsletter. Add to that the several reviews I've had published in Library Journal and wowie! I'm on my way. not.

I have to write something for our lake shore association newsletter--our first winter edition. I was composing it this morning on my way to work. I used to have one of those little tape recorders you could use at times like that. Must get another one--the article I composed was a beauty. I'll do my best to recreate it but make no promises.

Angelina Ballerina awaits. As does White Fang to the rescue.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to know which of those two books to prefer. I guess it would depend on who you're reading it to.

    Can you do me a favor and put all your writing together in one place? It could be googledocs, or whatever that marvellous service is called.

    If you put all the nature stuff in one place, I will start organizing and thinking about drawings to match.

    But I think you should collect the library stuff, too. Just think of it as somebody else's writing that needs to be organized. You're good at organizing documents, right? I think this could be legitimately done on work time, since some of them are work-related. Do you have them on your work computer? Are they on a CD? Where can I get access to them?
    And other similar questions.
    Congratulations on feeling better. I hope the disc jockey feels she can take a rest soon. She must be very tired.
    Do you remember the Thurber cartoon of the man at the cocktail party, saying to a woman "I said, the hounds of spring are in winter's traces, but never mind?" It's one of my favorites, along with a man raising a glass and saying, "And a hey nonny nonny and a nuts to you" (at a cocktail party -- which Thurber attended a lot of), which always makes me giggle.
    Spring will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete