Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pony, Hedgehog and Chances


FSCN21431901
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
A quiet trio on the couch. Yes, I'm sure you're tired of pictures of sleeping dogs, but that's about all that's going on at my house and I had to check the batteries to see if they were the live ones or the dead ones. Live, I guess.

Spilled a huge cup of coffee on the floor in psychiatrist's waiting room this morning. Receptionist had me get paper towls from bathroom & clean it up (not very successfully--a large cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee is a LOT of coffee). Psychiatrist was very fussy about it--well, don't call ME neurotic! You can pour stuff on my rug any old time--heck, I poured a whole bottle of wine on the floor of my car when the bottle froze & the cork popped. Man, it still stinks even frozen now. Anyway, coffee spill seemed to be a big event.

Went from there to massage therapist. No, insurance company will not pay but I can get reimbursed by flex spending. That's something, at least. My own money but I can pretend it's not. I am only doing half an hour. I have damage to my trapezius muscle, scarring along my nerves, tight muscles which are pinching nerves in my neck & back. Well heck, who doesn't? Anyway, he suggests 3-5 sessions, once a week. Since it hurts so good and I can work out the money I'll do it. Last night my neck was tortorous and incredibly uncomfortable. I wrapped myself in a cocoon of the down throw--of course, the house was 58 and rose ever so slowly to 65. I was really miserable, though. He suggests a heating pad and that just sounds so good.

Tess kept me compnay--all she really wants after about 8:00 is to go "under covers" and on top of me, or spoon with me on the couch. No, no, I'm not obsessed with my dogs or insisting on unnatural physical contact with them. No, no, no. Actually she's decided where she likes to be and as anyone who's met her knows, she's very stubborn about what she wants. I have trained her not to stand on top of me anymore, now she lies on me and stares at me when she wants something. Much better, no? And they are behaving commendably by sitting obediently in front of the door when they want to go out. Good dogs, calm submissive state.

Still subzero nights, -7 this morning. Not a big deal and very, very nice in the morning. I really like this. Not much snow, a real bonus.

Off to Ken's. Spaghetti tonight, unless we have the frozen halibut that I found on sale, which I may or may not introduce him to.

I may make it through the night without codeine. It hardly helps anyway--I was hoping the good doctor would give me something more interesting (I am, after all, my brother's sister) but that's the best he came up with.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    I love my massage therapist, and wish that I could go more often...

    Definitely go for the heating pad. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete