Wednesday, May 09, 2007

bored


bored
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is how the dogs spent a lot of time yesterday, so early this morning we went on a bog walk. It was very nice. Lots of birds singing, but I forgot my binoculars so I didn't see any of them. Plenty of warblers. There's a poster of Roger Tory Peterson's "Confusing fall warblers." I think ALL warblers are confusing. I have a warbler (or its relatives) that returns to my woods every year--it's either a black-throated green or a black-throated blue warbler, I can't tell their songs apart. Sounds lilke a made up name but there really is such a thing. I used to listen to bird calls on CD on my way to & from work. I think I'll start doing that again, I've forgotten a lot of them. I have a winter wren around my house, which I don't remember having before. Lots of thrushes, too. Robins are thrushes, which explains why they have such nice songs. You know, the robin's rain song.

No comments:

Post a Comment