Monday, May 01, 2006


The first wildflower
And the winner is...a white violet, so tiny I can't believe I saw it. It was on the driveway going down to camp.
I had a wonderful weekend. It got progressively warmer each day, sunny, bright sunshine each day. I can't believe how productive I was. Got stuff done outside and inside. Had good mourning, good crying. Thought about my brother, my father, my college friend who died in May when she was 24. I always think of her this time of year: her birthday was 5/5/52, mine is 12/12/52 and we lived together for 4 years. We had a very intense relationship and I was stunned when she died, asleep at the wheel of the orange VW bug she so proudly bought when we graduated from college. She was on her way home to Ohio from her second year of law school.

ANYWAY, it was a wonderful weekend and I wanted more days to spend at my house with my dogs. And now I'm off to Chateaugay with the director to meet with the member library directors. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment