Tuesday, May 16, 2006


This section of the river is flat and lazy, like the rivers in the Midwest. There are often really good reflections. The autumn reflections are really magnificent because the colors are wonderful. This is just before we hit the last leg of the journey, Route 374, which is a fast and straight road, built more recently (only 40 years ago) as a more direct route to Plattsburgh. It's also called the Cadyville Expressway, which is really funny.
Aren't these spring colors amazing? They get greener and brighter as you get into the Champlain Valley, which is at least half a gardening zone warmer than I am at Silver Lake. This is truly Obscene Green.

3 comments:

  1. Have I told you recently how much I'm enjoying all your photos?

    If not, I am. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last summer (or the summer before? Must have been because I was not pregnant) we floated from below Soper Road all the way to the Cadyville Beach. In our minds it seemed short, but as we drove from Cadyville back to the put in, I started to wonder. At 7pm I stopped wondering, because we were only hitting the wide flat stuff above Cadyville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat--glad you're enjoying the pictures, because I'm sure having a great time taking them. All I do is look around and they seem to take themselves. It's great to live in a place where that happens.

    ReplyDelete