Thursday, May 25, 2006

Visualize I'm at home today, the beginning of my 6 days off. It's sunny and beautiful, a real banner Adirondack day. The black flies are pleased, too. They're getting worse as the hours go by. I sat on the deck this morning, reading and drinking coffee: hog heaven. No bugs because it was cool and windy. It really doesn't get much better (except for sitting on the dock, of course). I got to spend a couple of hours doing that, then I made myself be productive, but in ways I wanted to. Got everything ready to start planting stuff. Planted my pansies, 2 sets, planted my grape tomatoes--only 2 plants, still have 2 more to plant, planted my N.G. impatients and got out my pots and started organizing all the little planties in prep. for their final planting. YAHOO! I love this part of the process, though I agonize over who will go with whom in which pot. I didn't dig in the ground, which really stirs up the bugs. By the time I finished gardening the bugs were pretty annoying. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so I might dig then, plus do some indoor work. I don't seem to be able to use my Enter key with this set up so this will be a paragraph-less entry. I'll have Jenica work on this when she comes this weekend. This is my new laptop, with a dial-up connection from home. Yuck. It is what it is. The hummingbirds are busy and hungry. They've sucked out more than half of the sugar water I put in the feeder day before yesterday. There are at least 2 pairs and they are very territorial and aggressive, as usual. Dogs had a great day but are pooped right now, sleeping soundly. Chances is snoring softly in the cage, Tess in her favorite spot with her head on the threshold, half in, half out. Me, I'm in the best of all spots, watching tv and blogging, enjoying my fish and dogs. Life can be pretty sweet. I need to clean my bathroom and vacuum my rugs, wrap Linda's presents. But the great thing is that I have tomorrow to do that stuff, then I have days and days after that to do things as well. I don't go back to work until next Wednesday. Let's hear it for me!

1 comment: