Tuesday, May 02, 2006


This is what the dogs do a lot of during our walks. That's Tess in the air on the left and Chances on the right. She's kind of like Babe, the horse. It's really hard to take a picture of them, even with an SLR camera. I've spent a long time and wasted a lot of film trying. Last night I tried to get a picture of them galloping side-by-side like steeds, but that didn't work. I tried to get a picture of them trotting along single file, tails held high and wagging, but that didn't work. I finally gave up and shot what represents their behavior on these walks (when they're not grazing along the side of the road like cows): pure joy. They love these forays. Tess gets twice as much exercise as Chances and I do because she trots ahead, then comes back to see what I'm doing and if I'm ok. Up ahead, back to me, up ahead, back to me. For the whole walk. They just enjoy these walks incredibly. So do I, but only when I have the whole universe to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment