Monday, May 22, 2006



I went to the cemetery last week. Checked on everyone. The bulbs Jenica planted around my brother's grave had come up but I missed their blooming. Crocuses and narcissus.



My grandparents had a nice patch of violets in front of their grave. I talked to my mother on Saturday and we agreed these are probably from the plants she put on my father's grave many, many years ago--they migrated. There are just a couple of plants now on my father's grave.

Each Memorial Day someone from town puts American flags on all the veterans' graves. I used to know the man who did this, but he died. It's nice that someone else has taken it over. Got a head start on it this year, too. My father's stone needs to be scrubbed. There's a lot of mud on it right now. He has just a few lilies of the valley left--there used to be a big bunch that my mother planted. This gravesite needs some attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment